The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
65sublime

Short Stuff building a '65 Blazer

I bought the ’65 suburban 3 years ago. It came from Texas but still had some rust issues to deal with. A ’86 305 tpi and 700r4 were setting under the hood, however not complete enough to run.

I saw this blue photochopped blazer and new immediately I found the inspiration for my build. From the photo I decided to remove 12” from the wheel base and 8” from behind the wheel. I had rusty areas to deal with before the fun part of shortening the body and frame.

The first step of the build was to repair the floors and rockers. Both sides had damage to the toe boards and kick panels. The patch panels for the floor did not fit at the body mount recess and had to be modified. At the time I attacked the area, I wasn’t aware that a-pillar bottoms and kick panels for the 60-66 models and fab’d mine as well as I could. The subs are different than the pickup on the right side of the front seat. There is a step area that had to be scratch built also. I bought the dvds from ebfabman which gave me added confidence I could handle this part. 3/4“ thinwall conduit was an inexpensive material for me to use as reinforcing the body while sections were removed.

right side:

left side:

65sublime is offline   Reply With Quote