The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #51
OldSkool71
C/10 CLUB MEMBER

Re: Boss 304 22" Rear Wheels and 20" Fronts with tires BRAND NEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
Vegaschevy I am not taking sides but...the following looks to be one of the issues at hand...when one commits to purchase an item...the deal between the seller and buyer is consummated without the initial exchange of money. Unless down the road the seller and buyer agree to cancel the transaction…the purchasing/selling is on. This was never done that I can tell. The CL ad for your wheels was listed after the initial agreement was made between oldschool71 and yourself on the purchase/selling of your wheels. The fact that money hadn’t changed hands isn’t the issue here…it’s the fact the initial agreement that was consummated by the both of you was never broken. Unless I am misreading this thread. Another point…it is not a good practice to sell what one doesn’t own. From my reading you were in process of purchasing the chassis with the wheels but the deal was never finalized during the initial transaction. So technically the wheels were never in your possession at that particular time.?
If I am wrong with my assessment I’ll let you reply…but a logical reply will be better understood than an emotional response. Again…I am not taking sides but basing my opinion on the sequence of events. I hope this gets resolved to all’s satisfaction.
This is accurate...unfortunately my reply asking for "my wheels" was perceived by some as I had paid for the wheels and not received them...Fortunately for me I did not send this seller any payment because the seller offered to deliver them to me as he stated he was always in the LA area...This was great..Unfortunately I was not aware the seller did not have "the wheels" in his possession at the time he agreed to sell them to me until after I agreed to purchase them...Once he received them he was ready to take them off the next day...but then the stories started to come...he couldn't deliver them all the way...then he wanted to meet halfway...then he didn't have the correct tool to remove them?....and finally he left me with he was not going to sell them until he resloved his issues with his purchase of the chassis....I have been a member of this board for 6 years and have several transactions with other board members with no problems...This was just an error in judgement to list something for sale that you don't even have...Im not mad it just put me in a bad spot because I started to put things in motion based on the fact that I would be purchasing these wheels...That is about the long and the short of it....