The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2006, 09:28 AM   #1
KFreddy

Custom Autosound Stereo Review and Question...

I recently installed a custom autosound USA 6 radio in my '72 C10. This is an AM/FM CD controller no tape. First impressions are what can be expected from a $200.00 radio. It's a bit light weight and cheap feeling, power output is "just" satisfactory, the tone and left right controls are already dicey with only one week of use, donno maybe I was a bit rough when installing. I have a factory a/c truck and I can attest to the difficulity of installing this or any radio in such a tight space. Overall I am satisfied however you need to put it all in perspective. It is the only aftermarket radio that does not require you to cut the dash and it beats the pants off of the Radio Shack transistor radio I have had on the seat for the past 10 months

Yesterday I ebay purchased 2- 4" Blaupunkt speakers for the factory dash speaker location, I also purchased a set of Blaupunkt seperates 6.5" Mids and 3/4" tweeters. Blaupunkt is not my favorite brand however they have a very shallow mounting dept (less then 1.75") allowing me to install a 6.5" speakers in the aftermarket kickpannels instead of a 5.25" speakers. Well see how it all works out... But the crystal ball tells me there are a few amplifiers and a subwoofer in the near future...

I am curious if anyone has used this USA6 radio with any other cd changer besides the custom autosound cd changer? Any known compatibilities?

Thanks,

-Fred
"The Great State of Florida"

Last edited by KFreddy; 03-12-2006 at 09:29 AM.
KFreddy is offline   Reply With Quote