The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2006, 10:15 PM   #1
onpman

More progress pics....

It has been killing me to see everyone's pictures this summer and not being able to drive my blazer yet But there is light at the end of the tunnel....this weekend I picked up a couple of things that are bringing me that much closer to having it done by next spring.

First I picked up the motor last week. I am most excited about it. Here are the specs. 406 (400 bored .30 over)
Keith Black pistons (30cc dished 9.0 cr)
Vortec heads (screw in studs and springs good to .550 lift)
Comp Cams XE268
Weiand action plus intake
SMI 750cfm quadrajet

The horsepower should be around 400 but I am hoping the torque will be around 500 at 2800! A similar buildup in CHP produced slightly better numbers with a larger lunati cam.

I also got my Hummer rims painted this week and they turned out pretty good. You can't really appreciate the color until you see it in the sun. It's smililar to copperhead pearl but it's actually a Mazda color called blazing copper metallic. I just wanted something a little different . I plan on using the 2500HD black center caps to offset the tires and black exterior trim. My painter is still recovering from surgery and promises the rest of truck will be done by the end of the month....we'll see.

Last but not least, here are the 3/4 ton running gear I got from Wes out of a 72 Cheyenne. 4.10's front and rear with a factory Detroit locker in the rear. I think this is enough to keep me motivated throught the fall and winter.
Attached Images