The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2006, 10:56 PM   #1
19GMC63

Another young NooB

Hey guys... my name is Andrew, i'm 17, and this is my project truck.

Its a 63 GMC 1500 SWB Stepside project truck as you can tell. Its powered by a 350 bored .40 over mated to a granny 4 spd. Being a 1500, it was orignially a LWB truck, but has been converted to a SWB. It has leafs in the rear, and the rear end is out of a late model 80 somethin chevy truck. It also has a chevy hood on it. It has front discs but no power brakes. It has weld racing wheels wrapped in BFGs, has some meaties on the rear too.

Right now it is sitting in my garage as i'm running a complete wiring harness through it and putting on the tail lights, side mirrors, parking lights, rear bumper, just the little things. My plans are to get it on the road as a daily driver ASAP, but in the future I would like to convert to power brakes and eventually power steering. I will eventually get rid of the saddle-back, and relocate to under the bed too. Other than that, the body is in awesome condition, and just needs paint, but I don't see that happening anytime soon with my budget.
19GMC63 is offline   Reply With Quote