The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2007, 04:23 AM   #1
The Hard Way

New guy from Orange County, CA

Hi guys, I'm just starting a '67 project and it seems this is the place to go for info and parts, so here I am. I just bought the truck and tore into the project recently. I removed the crusty small-block (a 292 was originally in there) and 4-speed to lighten the load when I tow it to my garage. Hopefully a full dissassembly and media blast will happen soon. The plan is to shorten the frame and 'bag it, but I'm still up in the air as far as drivetrain, most likely an LS-series though. The truck is a small-window lwb '67 C10, but it seems really heavy-duty for a C10. It has coil springs and overload leaves on the rear of the trailing arms, 8-lug all around, and the aforementioned 292 and 4-speed were factory. I guess I should register to start for-sale posts, since most of that stuff will make way for new stuff, especially if I find a short wheelbase rolling chassis.

I have a build sheet behind the seat and the majority of the option codes inside the glove box, but I haven't really studied them. Do you guys think this is really a C10, or did someone along the way just slap those emblems on the fenders. I thought it was really burly for a C10, but I also thought this might be a sort of "Camper Special" before there was such a thing. Where should I be looking to find out?
Thanks
The Hard Way is offline   Reply With Quote