The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
kevenj

New here from Coeur d'alene, Idaho.

Well I'm new to the site but not to the truck. I've got a 1972 GMC 2500 2wd "Sierra" Custom Camper, 350, TH350, Dana 60 & 4:10 gears. I bought it in July, 1980 when I was 17--rescued from a Ford dealer's back lot in Lemon Grove, Ca. where it was about to be wholesaled to Mexico! This truck was a daily driver for a few years, then became my "desert rig" hauling an 11' Camper and towing my Sandrail to the Glamis dunes. Since escaping SoCal for North Idaho in 1993 the truck served "winter beater" duty for a couple winters but I couldn't keep treating my baby that way, so now I've got a '90 Bronco for that purpose. For the last 10 years or so the GMC has basically been sitting, only getting driven occasionally. She is parked inside, but the time has come to either get rid of her (not likely!) or get motivated to start work on restoring her to what she once was. She's actually in great shape for a 35 year old truck and I get compliments every time I do drive it, but she's not perfect. So I'm here mostly to get motivation to get started, and also to help me figure out what direction I want to take, and just how far I want to go in my restoration. Sorry for the long first post! Looks like a site with lots of good information to help me out! Here's the most current picture I've got - - poor quality camera phone pic but give you an idea what I'm working with. Any ideas? suggestions? I'm open to any suggestions!
Attached Images

Last edited by kevenj; 01-08-2007 at 06:55 PM.
kevenj is offline   Reply With Quote