The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2007, 09:52 AM   #1
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Anyone interested in a bikini top?

A couple years ago I started collecting names of people who might be interested in purchasing a bikini top for their K5. Got a bunch of names and another boardmember, tonyp, and I took the reins and got some produced by a boat top maker Tony knew in California. Tonyp has not been active here for quite some time and I've taken steps to see about getting these bikini tops available again. A local upholstery shop is willing to make these bikini tops. Final price hasn't been determined but expect it to be in the range of $95 to $115 depending on fabric and style + $20 shipping.

Once these are available I will update this post and put an actual for sale post in the classified section.

UPDATE Here is a link to the post in the classified ad section!

The purpose of this post is just to get an idea how many people might be interested. As before, I'm not making a penny on this, just helping to get bikini tops available as none of the big top makers were interested when I contacted them a couple years ago.

There will be two styles available. One is a style that can attach with snaps across the front (you install the snaps so you get them where your existing snaps might be) The other style is for people who already own a Fastrac style soft top. I don't have access to the Fastrac attachment rail and at the present time STC is not in business so you're on your own if you need the attachment rail.

There are some pics of a bikini top tonyp and I had designed for the Fastrac rail here along with some pics of the Fastrac rail that I purchased for myself before STC went out of business. The ones made by the local upholstery shop should be identical. He will use my bikini top for the Fastrac style pattern and one of our K5 boardmembers, who has a wicked bbc'd K5 is sending me his snaptop bikini top that he ordered when these were last available to also use as a pattern.

Last edited by Yukon Jack; 04-24-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote