The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2002, 09:53 AM   #1
PushinPebbles
My dad's 68

Thumbs down let me tell u a story

since i was gone from board this happened ah-hmmmm.....1 fine day i get off the cheese wagon(school bus) any walk around the bushes to get my ride home ( a hopped up golf cart) and there was my dad i said what are you doing here and said"have a good day?" i said yeah and then he said "well im bout to f@#k it up" pause " i wrecked your truck" bein 14 and too attached to the 67 I said couple awful words and we went down the drive way ( mmy drive is about a a 20-25 steep hill w/ 2 ditchs on both sides) i look off t the right and i see a trail (my stomach hits the ground and i sware i saw it sit there and thump) we walk back there and i look off to the right and see 2 trees w/ bark missing and at the bottom off both of the trees is big flakes of brown primer me well im speechless so we walk back and get on the golf cart and i asked him if he wa alright and he said "im a little shook up" my dad has nerve problems any way we ride down to the shop and there it sits the two front fenders are crunches "the front right fender is savagible" my dad says and we walk over and look at the other fender it was sank in about 8 inchs (it was not savagable) thankfully the grill and hood did not hit the trees cause at the moment i didnt have a extre 67-68 grill i asked my dad what had happened and he said that there where no brakes avalible cause the pedal went to the floor as far as infuries went the is still to this day a big scab under neath of my dads right ummmm ugh breast ( which think is really funny) from the steering wheel and a couple bumps on his head that night i jacked up the truck and pulled about 5 or 6 pine trees from under it as well as the big root stuck in my RF spring the truck sat out side for about a week and we replaced the drum,wheel cylinder,master cylinder, shoes, the rubber lines(those SOB are expensive) so i have new brakes in front but backs dont work
so we pulled the 96 in long brake line and look at it about 5 or 6 inches away from rear part is a hole the size of a pinky nail so we replace it hmmm w/ a 104 in long line(only length close enough) w/ a loop in the center tucked in the frame the brakes work fine now i'll replace the drum etc, when i put the posi unit in it

lessen learned??? yess the next car/truck i build while have good brakes before i put the motor in it "d@mned hot rodders" big motor no brakes

all i can really say is im glad it was dad instead of me cause i dont know what i would do and atleast we know what to do next time Jack

------------------

Jack M. 14
67 C-10 SWB 355 built T-350 tranny hurst shifter 15x8 &15x10in corvette rallys slammed**hopefully bagged this summer**
88 1/2 ton suburban 4x4 350/700R-4*having a 9 in lift w/ 38 in tires
69 SWB-parts
71 LWB-parts
72- LWB-parts
grand dads truck 68 C-10 stepside fuel inj. 350/700R-4*soon in audi silver*
67 C-10 SWB 355 built T-350 tranny hurst shifter 17x8in KMC's on michelins, clear tails and back up lights slammed**UPDATE i have decided on my bag setup and will post further info when i recieve all the parts
88 1/2 ton suburban 4x4 350/700R-4*having a 9 in lift w/ 38 in tires
4 12 inch Lightning Audios
87 silverado 3/4ton jacked up 10-12 inches black and rubberized bed coating 35 in michelans ******************************
Dad's truck
68 C-10 stepside, 468 BB, tubbed, weld wheels, Nason black,lots more
grand dads truck 68 C-10 stepside
fuel inj. 350/700R-4*soon in audi silver*
84 toyota pickup 22R 5 speed 2WD slammed, shaved and all the body lines filled w/ buickGN scoop,bout to be sprayed in 2003 mustang green metallic w/ silver flames
S/N=BIGGYTYME@aol.com
(hydros)
"No fat chics, truck will scrape"
PushinPebbles is offline   Reply With Quote