The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2008, 05:29 AM   #1
MrBeast
high-Tech Red Neck

Stuck in the middle.

Well Chaps, you all are a very bad influence terrible terrible influence, for you feed me man many pictures of hopped up and fixed up good ole American made Pickum-up trucks, and I am getting too many ideas.

Last night with the 1 ton dually pics post thread, My mind went into full tilt and my head is starting to implode because I cant make up my friggin mind.

As many of you know I have my 72 Chevrolet 1 ton dually the "Boss hoss"

I am now at a cross roads with this truck, because I have 2 potential ways to go with the build in my head, and both are just way too cool!

The first is to keep the truck a 2wd, Upgrade the monster 454 that is already sporting a steel crank, H-beam rods, forged pistons, and a full roller cam and roller rockers with an Edelbrock EFI system.

This would be a pretty fast upgrade, and would include an upgrade to a MSD 6AL Ignition box, and a Pro Billet distributor. The truck already has a NV4500, so the tranny issues are already handled. I also have a 4.10 geared 14 bolt I can stuff in the back. I also can get the complete front suspension out of the 95 1 ton dually I pulled the nv4500 and 14 bolt out of if I want to upgrade my front end thus making parts much easier to find. (you tell the kid at autozone you need anything for a 72 C/30 with a 454 be prepared to answer dumb assed questions like "Is it a half ton?" and "Is it four wheel drive" or my favorite "Is that the 5.7?"

I would then be looking at cutting the 6 inches out of the frame, and shortening the wheelbase to 127 inches. Then taking a page out of 67_C-30's book and put a regular long bed on it, and whack off a set of step side fenders and make it a dually bed.

It looks great, and when you get it to the completed stage, it looks even better.

If I do mine in this manner, it will be done in all white, and I will do the interior either red or royal blue.

Now on the other hand...

Last edited by MrBeast; 05-15-2008 at 05:38 AM.
MrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote