The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2008, 03:25 AM   #1
Yearn4Classics

Just bought this 1951 Chevy 5 window and need lots of info

PICTURES TOWARDS THE BOTTOM

Hey guys, I just purchased this cherry 1951 Chevy 5 window project this week. It was sitting in the back of a ladies house for 25 years and was a grocery getter prior to that. I'm not too familiar with these year trucks and the pluses and minuses of certain items for this truck. I have a couple questions about getting the truck to where it deserves to be and need your guy's help and opinions to make my decisions. PLEASE!!!

What is the largest wheel I can fit in these wheel wells without cutting and series tire (front and back)? I am building a full custom boxed chassis for this truck and its going to be bagged.

What is the original chassis worth? Also what is the original drive train worth? I live in CA.

Would you guys keep the original firewall (its perfect) or weld an after market firewall? I'm putting a radical small block in it.

Where is the VIN located on the chassis? The VIN tag on the cab is MIA.
Have any pictures of cool custom 48 to 54 Chevy trucks so I can get ideas?

Whats a good web site for rear roll pans and firewalls?

Would like to put custom hood hinges. any pics of any as a suggestion?

Keep or remove the wing windows? If to remove the wing windows, how do I go about doing it?

Deep dish wheels or shallow dish wheels?

Planning on hidding the brake booster. Which one should I get? One that puts the booster and mastr cylinder at a 90 under the dash or one that places it under the floorboards? Whats brand?

I'm planning on welding up the cowl vent, the passenger's side cab vent, shaving the hood emblems and welding the hood into a one piece, shaving the tail lights and relocating them into the roll pan.

Last edited by Yearn4Classics; 06-04-2008 at 02:18 AM. Reason: add pictures
Yearn4Classics is offline   Reply With Quote