The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2003, 10:59 PM   #1
Growdon

Foaming p- steering pump

I just finished a couple days worth of work on my 71 3/4 4x4. I replaced ball joints, tie rod ends, drag links, rotors, brake pads, front axle u-joints, rear leaf spring bushings, front springs (2 1/2 lift kit) pinion bearing, seals etc. Oh, and also the steering box and pump. WHew!!!! what a job. The pump keeps pumping up foam. I tried jacking up the front end and adding fluid while turning the wheel left to right with the engine running. I'm probably doing this all wrong, but I am tired. Anyways, help would be appreciated. Also I removed the passenger side rocker today----You have to like the guys in the GM plant running the spot welder (I think they were seeing who could put the most welds in my rockers).

Sorry about the long post. I will try to get some pictures of the truck with the lift, and pictures of the rocker replacement in the next couple of days.

71 GMC Custom K2500, 3/4 ton 4x4. 350/350 ## Just bought, New Project
Growdon is offline   Reply With Quote