The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
special-K
Special Order

Thought I was buying one yesterday

I saw this Suburban for sale and stopped to look.It`s a`72 Custom Deluxe/20 400 a/c cargo door for $1,800...

I didn`t expect much from the body around here and not surprised that it was rusty.It was Medium Olive/White originally.The parchment interior was great althought cloth surfaces had been replaced in a not so great way.It even had a lift hatch & tailgate laying in the back.On the window it said it had 3.54s so I knew it was a dana.Looking in the fender well I got excited to see it was a coil rear.My thoughts were to roll it for fun for awhile,then I could always get alot out of parts:402/tH400,Coil Dana60,`72 overhead a/c,cargo doors,lift hatch,tailgate,door/side panels,under window trim,and on.It even had brand new exhaust and 16" radials.A pretty respectable big bruiser for the money.I`m funny about opening up doors and hoods without the owner present(right in his small front yard)and I didn`t feel like knocking,yet.I crawled under to have a look and see what motor it had.Just then the neighbor pulled in and started chatting.I figured I`d open the hood now.It has a later small block with all the later brackets,manifolds,etc.That just killed it for me.I usually prefer small blocks over big blocks,but that`s the biggest thing I wanted out of it.The guy`s a mechanic and drives it to work every week or so.I can get a number if anyone is seriously interested.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-18-2009 at 03:59 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote