The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

DO NOT OPEN- Air Ride Technologies inside

To discuss this online article, go here-LINK

I was cruising the forum pages as I usually do every evening, when I ran across something that caught my eye. It was a recent post by Tony from Air Ride Technologies titled Air Ride Tech-Company catalog-Ad contest.

This sounded interesting, so I clicked the link and read "Ever wanted to see your truck in a national ad campaign or in a company catalog?" My normal inability to focus was brought to attention as I read the next few lines.
"We are having a little contest over here. If you are running some of our stuff on your truck and you want to send me an e-mail with some pictures of the truck along with a description of the parts and the build... you might just win."

Well alrighty then, this was my kind of contest. All I had to do was submit a few pictures of my 77 Cheyenne and I just might get in a catalog. It sounds as if the winner might pick up some Air Ride swag to boot. I'm in!

Fast forward a week or three, and the contest come to a close. I get a PM from my old buddy Tony and he tells me the judges have scrutinized all of the outstanding entries and they picked my truck to represent their companies product and want to include some pics in their upcoming catalog.

He wants to know my shipping address so he can ship "some other goodies" as well. Cool! I could use a new T-shirt and a sticker or two. I'm thinking I might even get lucky and pick up a new ART garage sign.

Then he asks if I am up for a little work on my truck. Since He knows the 77 has been sitting in my garage for quite some time I'm waiting for some good natured ribbing. What came next was not a joke at all. It was a total shock instead.

It seems Tony had read an online article I had written, and had an idea. He would supply me with a complete ART package of suspension components, including a pair of upper and lower StrongArms, a MUSCLEbar front sway bar, and a 73-87 AirBar assembly. In return, I would document the installation process with pictures and write an article to accompany them.

As you might expect, it didn't take me long to ponder the offer. I did ask my self, why do I just know this will turn in to a full blown project. I already knew the answer, so I told Tony "sign me up".

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 05-25-2009 at 10:15 AM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote