The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #11
pancake

Re: Tbi swap build thread

rfmaster, find anything good at the swap meet?

68TT, i know Earls sells the metric to -6AN fittings to attach an AN fitting to the TBI supply and return...I will try to get part # if you need it.

I have still not received/installed a fuel pressure gauge but I did a little more troble shooting..

I think that the Intake manifold is leaking on the passenger side center by the EGR. I took a can of carb cleaner and sprayed around the intake and it showed a noticible difference. The engine almost died. Would this indicate a vacuume leak? Can the egr "suck" up carb cleaner? It also seemed to be leaking on the driver side towards the back.

I beleive that my "machining" of the center bolt holes did not go so well.

The intake I orginally took off does not have an EGR so I think I will have to get another intake.

I was looking at the Edelbrock Performer intake manifold 3701. I would have to get an adapter plate, but it does have an EGR.

I was also looking at Arizona TPI...I belive they sell stock TBI manifolds that they actually machine....probably did a better job than me

Do you guys have any sugestions?

Is the 3701 intake to "radical" for the TBI?

I was thinking about re-mounting the TBI intake that I "machined" but I dont think it will work. Don't want to wasted my liminted time.

Again, thanks for the help, support, and knowledge you guys are sharring
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote