The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2010, 06:33 PM   #10
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

I got more work done on the blazer this past weekend. I finished tacking in all of the patch panels on the passenger side of the blazer and got the rocker panel to line up beautifully with the door. Unfortunately I did not get a picture of the finished door jamb area by itself, but here is a picture with the original door in place to help me guide the placement of the rocker panel.

After getting the rocker panel lined up I tossed the original rusted out door to the side, and took the doors off of my factory big block parts truck. Here is a picture of the parts truck door before going under the knife.

I got the doors on the blazer without too much of a problem. However the drivers side door does rub on the rocker panel so I will have to do a little shaving there. Also I still have to convert these doors (70') into 72' doors and I have to put all the blazer hardware onto them. Here is a picture of the former truck doors on the blazer.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote