The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
TRTDI

67 C10, Greentruck From the Greenhouse

Hi, I'm new to this board and I thought I would tell you guys a story about my truck. There will also be pictures a plenty because I like taking them and it will make up for my lacking ability to put thoughts into written words. This truck has been sitting in a greenhouse since around 1982. It was used in my great uncles landscaping business and when he was done with it he just let it sit. I found it when I was 14 (I'm 30 now) and wanted it really bad but he was one of those guys that just never wanted to get rid of anything. Time passed and I kinda forgot about it besides pouring oil down the carburetor every few years and oiling the hood hinges. When he passed away in the spring of 09 he left his trucks to me including this one. I wasn't able to do anything with it last summer (was working on a 56 IH) but then this spring my buddy finally convinced me to pull it out which leads up to now. I'm not going to post everything from this summer just yet, just a little at a time. I have this story posted on another forum from the beginning so if anyone knows about that one don't spoil it! I'm looking at you IOC, just in case.

Anyway, from the beginning. Here is where it rested for 30 years.

Then with the brush cleared out, this is still from last year.

Here is how the interior looked.

Rocker is a little rusty but not bad.

Cab corner is gone.

Pulling it out up next!
TRTDI is offline   Reply With Quote