The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
bitchin85

just got a new cb and antennas. now i need a little help...

well as the title says, i just picked up two 4 foot fiberglass whips which are bolted to the back of my toolbox on each side of the truck, and my cb is an old cobra 138xlr. i picked that up for 20 bucks with a coax wire and a mic that has a battery in it (idk why?) and a volume nob right on the mic.

i hooked it up in my truck and it is real fuzzy and i can barely hear people talking when im right bby the highway. im pretty sure its because i dont have the knobs set right. i have no clue where half of them are suposed to be.

from left to right it has a dynamike, volume, squelch, rf gain, am/usb/lsb, and voice lock. on the top there is a nb/anl/off switch, a switch for the cb and pa, tone and dimmer.

can someone help me out and give me an idea of how these should be set, and how to tweak them to make it come in better..

also, does anyone know any tricks or mods that can be easily done on these? thanks

any other suggestions are welcome