The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Are you hard core or are you soft core like me?

My first 67-72 Chevy truck was a K10. I bought it because I wanted a 4x4 for towing and hauling. And I didnt want a K20 because I figured it would be too rough riding and I didnt want 8 lugs. I really knew hardly anything about how the truck works mechanically.

Now I have a K20 (lol). I miss the K10 because it was a family project thing, but if you are gonna haul and tow heavy stuff you really have to have at least a 3/4 ton.

I still know almost nothing about how a 4x4 works. I have all the manuals so Im sure I could fix things that go wrong. I have no real desire to run it off road. Dont want giant tires and lift. I just like have the 4 wheel drive part in case I get in a oops situation when hauling crap. I think thats only happened a few times and it was nice to lock in the hubs and drive out of the muck.

So I guess Im a soft core 4x4 guy. It sure seems like Im in the minority though. Seems like most of you guys really know your trucks drive train inside and out. Which is good for me when I have a question =)