The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
70BLAZERX2

1999 4L60E trans rebuild with the PWM

It is in my 99 tahoe. 2wd 116,000 miles.i took it to a small shop to get a rebuild..and a new converter.and i drove it 10 miles same thing

I told him it had a shudder in the converter after it was hot and after a long run..when i got home..the trans sounding like marblem in the converter..

I am new to these 4l60e's and never rebuilt one before.. I am going to try it this time.

Now on this new trans you have to remove the bellhousing to get the front pump out and back in without destroying the o-ring seal on the front pump.

he said he never got the bell off and put clutches in it..from o-rielly's and i called there , they cant even get a rebuild kit..

he said the converter was redone..yea with a black primer can from wally world..

also he said wires were touching the pan,he soldered them and shrink wrapped them...yea right not when i took it apart.

also had a new B&M shift kit..with spacer plate..just as i thought..not in there..

He took my money and my shift kit,put a primer paint job on the converter and a new trans filter kit and seals.thats all he did..

sorry about the rant ,but it just isnt right

I got took for 350 bucks..

so i am doing it myself.

anything i need to know about the inside on this thing..I have bits of torrington bearing from the converter all in the clutches.

another thing is there a "dial" to change the torque lockup or overdrive in there? I dont beleve that he said too..

it shifted into overdrive at 40mph.