The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2011, 12:13 AM   #11
mknittle

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFredo View Post
Thanks for the input guys. First, the pic is not in my neighborhood. I was at a picnic put on by a local car club.
The bumper will flow a lot better once I cut the mounts to tuck it in closer to the frame. If not then I'll look at making a diff bumper fit. Dan, yeah I'm going with stainless 1 1/2 sounds about what I'm thinking too. Not sure if I'm going to rabit in a groove or not. All of that will decide it'self once I get the fender wells I guess.
I've looked at the truck stop lights and there are a few that are just ok. However I have had good luck making my own lights for my bikes so I'm going to give the truck lights a shot. Here's a pic of one I made for my home built bike. I used the parts from an old MAG-LITE and cut down my own lens out of your basic reflector sold at any auto parts store. It's filled with a 36 LED cluster and bright as all get out.
All I have to do is fab up the buckets. I'm going with a 2 1/2 OD lens frenched onto the frame of the bed. Two lights on each side.

that's too cool!

My GMC build.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=536602