The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #11
TxRat

Re: project 66 beater

HAHA Yea well, We all want to buy a "driver" and well, just drive it right? I'm sure the cars I've built there are owners posting the exact same stuff, I certainly hope not.
I've never been able to hack stuff together and make it last like some folks. It hasn't been as bad as it seems, just a lot of little things. I did finally get to drive it today and no shimmy good shifts and lots of power.

Funny thing is that I had to go see the previous owner and he knew nothing of the frontend problems Hmmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
I started reading this thread on the first day you opened it, and this clearly has stuck in my head.
It makes me laugh a little as so simple a statement seems for a lot of us to turn into hundreds of man hours in labor, and hundreds to thousands of dollars.
I guess any collection of steel, rubber, glass and wires that have been on the road for 40, almost 50 years (probably 4 or 5 times the expected life span) it is to be expected.
The size of the "issues" and how we approach the resolution is as varied as the people that do these.
That is what makes this web site so awesome.
I wish I could meet each and every builder and their build here, that would be an interesting day indeed !!

Sorry to wax so philosophical on your build, but inspiration strikes us at the most odd of moments, and never in locations of our choosing, eh?

I wish you the best of luck on your truck, if you post it, you know I will read it !!
TxRat is offline   Reply With Quote