The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2014, 10:57 PM   #1
martinm13

Stuck Pinion Nut!!

Hello everyone,

I've got a 67 LWB and I'm in the midst of lowering it/replacing all of the old worn out stuff. After coming out to a puddle of diff fluid on my floor one day, I discovered that the seal around the yoke in the rear end is leaking so I went about trying to replace it today. Problem is, I cannot get the nut off. I have tried an impact, let it soak in penetrating fluid, heated it up with the torch, attached a long piece of steel to the yoke via some bolts for leverage and nothing is working. When I cleaned some of the grime off, I noticed that there is a bevel at the bottom of the nut. I'm not sure this is normal as I haven't worked on C10's before this, could somebody chime in and let me know.

Here is what mine looks like:

and here is a picture I found with the nut off. Notice how the nut in the picture does not have the bevel. I am wondering if mine is somehow welded in place...

Thanks
martinm13 is offline   Reply With Quote