The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #1
Madtrucker

sebring, tahoe or trail blazer seats?

So I'm looking for safer seating options for the whole family, I guess more importantly seat belt options. I just received my 72 blazer from Arizona, it has a nice stock looking rear seat with front 40/20/40 seats covered to match.The seats are dark gray vinyl, fronts have cloth inserts on backs and bottoms with a little wear. As far as seat belts it only has stock style lap belts, I have 4 children ages 1-7 and would like shoulder belts even though they'll only be in it for ice cream runs and cruises.

So to the point, I'm looking for recent seat swaps or seat belt retrofit ideas . I'm considering adding shoulder belts to the rollbar for front seats, and having the backs n bottoms redone. Then adding 3 shoulder belts to the stock rear seat, mounting the retractors to stock points and running the belt over the seat. Any thoughts or ideas on this, or anyone know the cost involved in partial seat recovering?

Other idea is to get front sebring convertible seats (near mint) integral belts for $95. And I also found a 3rd row tahoe seat on cl for $200 obo in a similar color. But I'm sure I'd still end up having one set recovered in attempt for a better match, but I doubt the belts themselves will match. Other downfall is these seats are tan but the rest of my interior is black. And not to mention I have new custom carpet I'd rather not cut up.

In a perfect world I'd get a full set of matching tahoe seats, but thats not working out for me.

please share your ideas or swaps. Pics and as much info as possible would be much appreciated. I know this has been posted here n there but I havent seen any from start to finish.
My 68 lwb-swb 4x4 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=527176
1972/68 blazer 4x4 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=641824
Madtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote