The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2014, 10:51 PM   #1
bloody hammer

Locked Up and Sideways

Since getting my '62 Stepside running again I've only driven it on short trips around the neighborhood. Today was the first time for a longer trip across town to visit a friend. I get maybe 2 miles from my house when this dimwit in a van decides to not only jump into my lane right ahead of me but then he immediately slams on his brakes so he can wait to continue crossing lanes. Of course I had to slam on mine too and I was quickly reminded of not having anti-lock brakes.. haha.

I fishtailed so badly I had to let off the brakes even though the numbskull was still in front of me. So, it was slam, lock, fishtail, let off brakes... then slam, lock, fishtail all over again. Luckily he moved to the far left lane. I barely missed him.

I realize I'm not used to manual brakes but I can't help but think they should not have locked up that quickly. I think I need to do some brake work.
bloody hammer is offline   Reply With Quote