The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2014, 02:24 AM   #1
l92powered77

1977 c10 6.2 L92/6l80e swap.. pics

Hey guys,thought i should contribute since i have been a lurker for a while and finally wanted to start my build thread as i also have started doing the swap into my c10. It originally had a 350 combo with the leakiest rear main seal ever to have leaked.anyways it was a gas hog and not enough power,so a few months ago i found a 2008 L92 6.2 liter engine out of a tboned escalade,1800 no accessories tho but i was pretty excited as this is my first build and im from south texas so trucks are are a big thing to us.I have always wanted a 6.0 but along came this 6.2 all aluminum engine and i couldnt say no she was for me.that was October i believe and all this time i have been reading and researching and looking at hart rods threads and dennisethe menice RIP and especially v502 thread and countless other people im sorry i cannot mention everybody but you have all motivated me to do this ls swap of my dreams.well since october i have gathered parts up the yin yang and been broke as a joke so many truck parts.But a few weeks ago i acquired a factory rebuilt 6l80e tranny for a very good price in tracy,ca and then it hit me i was ready to sell crap 350 combo and go 6.2 and 6 speed auto! So now i have combo sold and new lion heart is installed along with tranny. Just now trying to get factory tranny support bar in place and looks like all is a go. Yes I have pics guys,for what is a thread without pics!??

Alright here what im using,
Dirty dingo engine mounts for c10s of our year
Psi harness
Griffin radiator, came with efans and tranny cooler
2 magnaflow 5 inch round 14 inch case 2.5 mufflers(hate Flowmaster)
Truck intake
High mount Accessory brackets from dirty dingo

Heres where i am not sure....
HEADERS, my truck is dropped and i dont like problems someone very knowledgeable told me just order mid length seap headers on ebay,which i probaly will but as far as long tube headers what are you guys doing without frame modifications..i do not like frame cutting or c notches. I haven't thought about my rearend what should i do? This truck not race track truck this is street machine mostly cruising truck.how do i reinforce stock rearend or is it better to just buy new aftermarket?whats cheaper? I hate worrying about weak things when i could have gotten bulletproof first time around....
Any questions please away and any input is greatly needed
Attached Images

l92powered77 is offline   Reply With Quote