The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2015, 02:47 PM   #1
aruss99

Rebuilt 350 not running under 1500 rpm

Hi all,

I recently rebuilt my 350 in my 1971 C-10, it has a mild cam in it as well as and Edelbrock Performer intake and Edelbrock 1406 carburetor. The problem I am facing is I cannot get the motor to idle under 1500 rpm. I have adjusted the idle screw so that the truck will still run without my foot on the gas. I then tried to lower the rpm that way but once the rpm got below 1300 rpm, the motor would start to die. I then tried adjusting the idle mixture screws at 1-1/2 turns out and tried adjusting the idle that way but no matter which way I turned the screws, no audible difference happened as well as no rpm change. I have not tried turning the screws super far out because I do not know much about carbuertors and didn't want to mess anything up anymore than it is. If anybody could shed a little light on what to do in order to get it to idle lower that would be great

Thanks
aruss99 is offline   Reply With Quote