The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2016, 02:32 PM   #1
NC_John

Control arm replacement options - CPP?

In disassembly of my 70 front end this past weekend, I found why the truck had a slight lean I could never get rid of (ended up cutting a coil to level it). I have a slightly bent lower control arm. It wasn't visible until I pulled out the control arm shafts.

Now I need to decide what to do. I was going to sandblast and paint these originals, rebuild everything with moog and put it back together.

I'm not sure I want to try to bend it back right. Should I try to find a good used replacement? Should I try to find a reproduction? Tubular a-arms aren't in the budget right now unless I go with the less expensive options.

For example, Summit (on their ebay site) has CPP 6372TCA-LKB control arms for $326/pr. I could run those lowers with my stock uppers for now.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with these? Is there a better alternative? (I'll go hotchkis if we hit the powerball) I loathe CPP and their "customer service shenanigans" but am not familiar with the others out there and don't know if they are any good.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote