The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2017, 11:06 PM   #23
Run Away

Re: Run Away's '69 C10 LWB Project Log

Ordered a new set of '67-68 front clip mounts from LMC truck...ouch. $60 of product plus $50 of shipping/duty and a poor Canadian dollar ends up at $155.

Even after a couple days of stewing over how to line thing up I don't have any good ideas.
The best idea I've got it a wooden brace built inside the complete cab transferred into my cab to get the distance from floor to ceiling at the front of the cab correct, but I don't that that would be very accurate. There aren't really any fixed reference points between the two that I can use.

Another possibility is distance between the dash mounting captive nuts in the A pillars and the floor, but again I'm not too sure the factory placed those very accurately.

I can't use the firewall as there is none. I can' use the bottom of the A-pillars as the one side has rusted away and the other A-pillar I replaced. I can't hang the doors yet as the cab bracing prevents that.

Maybe I'm over thinking this and the factory variation in tolerances isn't that accurate either but I'd like to get it as close to "right" as possible.

Since I like pics here's a few I snapped while staring at it and thinking.

Anyone have clever ideas?
Run Away is offline   Reply With Quote