The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2017, 06:11 PM   #1
Elliot949

B bear

Ok Gang... Now that "PAPA J" (check out our build thread on this one) is for the most part completed my Daughter has decided she wants her own 67 Chevy Short Fleetside truck so off we go...

We started February of 2016 with locating a 1967 small window cab then over the last 16 month we have collected most of what we need for the complete front clip, cab, doors, grille, rolling chassis, Bed Floor, Engine and Transmission from "Haulin" (check out our build thread on this one)...

So after collecting alot of OEM stuff we have started by taking the front fenders, grille, grille inserts, and bed floor to Kansas Dry Stripping and have them prepped for epoxy primer...

Nest we will take the cab to the body shop and the dustless blaster will go the and blow the entire cab to bare metal and the body shop will put in the patch panels in and epoxy prime the entire cab inside outtop to bottom... I will then pick it up and bring it home and start working the body and rek2 primre it...

The Theme of this truck will follow "Papa J" in the old school hotrod theme... My Daughter want to do a Lavender/ white two tone with white diamond tuck interior to go along with her Dads truck... I know this sounds like my daughter is in her teens but she is 33 years old and mother of 4... LOL..

This will not be built over the top like Papa J but will be a VERY NICE driver that she won't be afraid of taking to some car shows...

Jump on board with us and ride along on this long drawn out process we will go through with this pickuppp Here are a few pictures of where we are starting...
Attached Images

Haulin's Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671130SOLD

B Bears Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=744210
Elliot949 is offline   Reply With Quote