The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2017, 08:38 PM   #1
jeh

Cab Swap/Vin # Question

lve been looking for another C10 off and on this summer, I found one this weekend that I really like but I'd like some input on it. It's a really nice 68 short bed restored about seven years ago, slick paint, lowered correct (static), nice interior, Vintage Air, Billet Specialties wheels, mild built small block/350 trans, the list goes on. What I'm wondering is he used a true short wheel base frame but used a cab from a 68 C30, his title says 1968 Chevrolet Truck and has the correct vin to match the plate on the door jam ( it was never removed) so if I bought it and went to the DMV it would show as being a C30 ton truck. Plus I've used Hagerty for insurance and they want quite a few pictures of the vehicle before they will quote a price for the value you requested. So, what appears to be a C10 but the vin# will be a C30, will that throw a red flag???? Or if in few years I decide to sell it is that going to be a problem??? Just wondering if you guys have ran into this or maybe some advice, thanks
'13 Ford RAPTOR 6.2

MY BUILD THREAD http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=612623
jeh is offline   Reply With Quote