The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2017, 01:26 AM   #1
Tellerbama

Help me identify what the hell I purchased :)

Hey guys, new to the forum and have had a great experience so far.

So....I purchased a 72 C10 for dirt cheap. It was stuck in 1st gear and the guy offered me a price I couldn't refuse, so I test drove it in 1st and looked it over at nighttime in his driveway with my iPhone light. I was expecting to find a "350" stamp on the block but found 880 instead. I'm guessing this is a newer block. Im a bike guy and new to the truck thing so I need help identifying what the heck I have under the hood. I'll post pics and please comment on anything and everything you see. There are some obvious issues like electronic fuel pump hanging off side/not bolted, cracked exhaust manifold etc...

I want to know what I have so I can begin researching and starting off on the right track. Also, I'll need to address the exhaust soon and want to order headers so any recommendations would be excellent. I was going to order them before I found out it wasn't the original block and wanted to make sure whatever I order will fit.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Thank again.
Attached Images

Tellerbama is offline   Reply With Quote