The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2018, 01:07 PM   #1
Jacoby

Build me a 307

I need some help. Ive decided I'm keeping the 307 in my truck and want to build it up. I'm looking to go full aftermarket with the parts. Keeping the short block as is. So heads, cam, intake, carb, ignition and that's it. If I can order directly from Summit or Jegs or whoever that's fine. I'm not looking to scour the junkyards for parts or any of that. Ive searched and read what I can and just about everything I find is motors built using parts from other motors or the articles are 10+ years old and some of the parts they did use aren't in production any more or have different part numbers etc. People say use Vortech heads only but you have to use a special intake. People say the heads have to be 58cc then someone else says 64cc is fine. Valves have to be 1.94 but 2.02 will work. Cam this cam that. Its all becoming to much.

The truck wont be a daily driver but I want it to run good. A little lope from the cam would be nice. What I have gathered is these motors react better to smaller parts. So if a small valve head with small CC is better then fine. If a 600 carb is plenty then great. A cam with not a whole lot of lift or duration then ok.

I'm just looking for help to gather a parts list. I'm not looking for the 307 haters or the put a 350 in it crowd to chime in. I like to be different and I like the idea of building on an already good running platform.

Thanks for the help
Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote