The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2018, 10:17 PM   #1
73GMC10

73 Gmc wiring help needed with pics/fuel,temp,3 green wires

Hello, i have a question, actually i have 3 i will try make them simple so its not so jumbled. i aquired this 73 gmc custom and have some mystery wires that im not sure where they go,i tried to look it up for a while now and cannot seem to understand where i need to hook them up so i thought i would come here for some help.i posted 2 pics of the wiring at the drivers fire wall box and the 2nd is 3 green with a yellow mystery wire,this truck has no a/c and never had installed.

*the wires labeled in red 1 and 2 are not plugged into anything, when i tried either wire nothing worked for the fuel or temp,but that doesnt mean they arent the right wire im just asking so i get the wiring right at least.

1.my fuel gauge wire it is one single wire that runs from the tank but stops by the brake booster meaning its been cut.

2.my Temp sending wire is also cut at the brake booster.

3 that cluster of 3 green wires with one yellow is cut and taped in the middle of the fire wall above the distributor. i have not found any place they connect as the green wires for the brake lights/tail lights are ran separatly down the driver side.and it does not and never had any a/c installed on it.

i appreciate any help or insight i thought perhaps the pictures of the firewall box might help to point me in the right direction. thanks for looking.
*edit one of those 2 wires in number 1 that are labeled in red 1 and 2 is a live 12 volts incase it helps any**
Attached Images

Last edited by 73GMC10; 06-16-2018 at 10:38 PM.
73GMC10 is offline   Reply With Quote