The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2018, 02:54 PM   #1
Root2812

Mice problems....

Hey guys. So I have a problem. I have a freshly built 5.3 that was covered and inside. Sometime in the last few weeks a mouse built a nest in my intake. It chewed right through the cover I had on the engine and the rags stuffed in the intake. I pulled the intake and found that the mouse had gotten into my bag of bird seed and filled the drivers side head with seeds. I also dumped 4 baby mice out of my intake. I am going to pull the heads and the oil pan and clean everything really well before reassembling the motor. I have never even put oil in the motor its so fresh so it should be easy to clean.

My question is that when I look into the intake port on cyl #3 I see some seeds stuck in the grease on the stem of the valve. If I wipe all of that out will I be ok? Is that just assembly grease from when the machine shop did the heads? Or is it needed. I can vacuum all the seed out and use air to blow it out when the head is off of the motor but the seeds stuck in the grease will be stuck unless I wipe the grease out with a pipe cleaner or something.

By the way.. I know someone will tell me I should have done a better job protecting the motor but I did what I thought was good. It is installed in the truck, rags in intake because I don't have a throttle body yet, and then the engine was covered with plastic. I thought I was only having to keep dust out.