The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2018, 08:11 PM   #1
Bocephusfan8

72 K10 Vin Plate Questions

Hey everyone!

I know this is a sore subject, but I’d like to see what others think of my situation. I’ve owned a 72 K10 pickup that has a good title in my name for the last 11 years. Renewed registration every year and been pulled over several times with no issues. I recently moved to SoCal from WA state and wanted to ship my truck down here. While taking a look at the vin plate closer I noticed it was mounted upside down and with different style pop rivets. I know that a big red flag but I never noticed it before cause I bought it from my cousin.

Do you think I should try and have the WA state police run the vin and verify it’s clear and see about having the plate turned around? Or just sell the truck and move on. I really would hate to sell the truck I’ve put a lot of time and effort into it and never had the intentions to sell it. Just seeing if anyone has had experience with this or have any recommendations.

Thanks,
Kyle
Bocephusfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote