The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2018, 02:19 PM   #1
ratman90

DIY Headlight relay question/Clarification

I have searched all over it seems, and am hung up on one thing.

Making my own relay system, as it will be cheaper to do it myself once i get it down and then do to both trucks and my camaro.

Not splicing the original wire. Using the stock female drivers side plug for the signal from the switch into a new male 3 prong plug.

All posts and diagrams do not indicate what to do with the ground wire coming from the stock harness going into the new 3 prong plug harness. They only discuss the tan and green wire going to the relays.

Do i just let it terminate at the new male three prong plug? Remove the ground from the new 3 prong male and only run the tan and green? Or run it and ground it with the ground coming from that drivers side headlight.

I think terminate it and dont continue into new plug and harness, but sure as heck dont want to burn stuff up.

I have a picture of the new male three prong plug for reference, but am getting a security token error on my phone and lap top tryin to post it.
ratman90 is offline   Reply With Quote