The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2018, 07:21 PM   #1
slowcpe

Ridetech StreetGrip vs. BellTech for a 6/4 drop

So I bought a '72 C10 to tool around in while I build my '67 C10 because I got a little carried away. This is the preface for this thread.

When I bought the truck I robbed the CPP modular spindles from the '67, cut a coil out of the front and put a used set of CPP 4" drop springs on the rear with what I believe to be original '72 shocks. Ride and handling is far less than stellar. The truck needs shocks and a trac-bar really bad. I do drive this truck weekly and want something a little more fun given there's no end in sight for the completion of the '67.

So long story short I'm going to improve ride and handling this winter. Here are my two options and interested in other people's opinions.

Option 1: RideTech StreetGrip

Given I live about an hour away from RideTech's headquarters, running their shocks and air management on my '67, and have personally been in their '72 StreetGrip truck I tend to gravitate towards their products. When I drove their truck the ride and handling was great. The only issue I have is the cost which I know is primarily in their shocks. See my preface for the main reason I don't want to go that route. Not sure if my '72 is worth putting that high of quality parts on it. But I still need a set of spindles for the '67 and I could test fit their MuscleBar on the '67 to see if it'll work with my Porterbuilt parts.

Option 2: Ridetech/Deadend Garage/CPP

This setup would consist of Ridetech's springs/shocks, Deadend's trac-bar and shock relocators, 2" drop blocks I currently have, and CPP spindles/front sway bar. I don't think I really need a c-notch with a 6/4 drop and already have 2" drop blocks.

I can save close to $1000 by going this route but will still need to purchase new spindles so the difference is closer to $600.

Option 3: Belltech/Deadend Garage/CPP

This setup would be using Belltech springs/shocks, Deadend's trac-bar/shock relocators, 2" drop blocks, and CPP spindles/front sway bar. This would be roughly another $500 savings or $1500 total from the StreetGrip or about $1100 factoring in spindles.

Any opinions/experiences with any of these products?
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold

Last edited by slowcpe; 12-28-2018 at 12:11 AM.
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote