The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2004, 11:08 PM   #1
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Tail lights and tire smoke...I'm outa here

I am writing this to let y'all know I did not just fall off the face of the earth...I am only falling off the internet.
I am retiring. Due to internet addiction related family problems, (say that 5 times real fast) I will no longer be posting on here, or any other board. (I might pop up on the parts board, but that'll be it)
Don't bother PM'in me, or e-mailing me asking whats up, I will not recieve it.
The Caddy longhorn project is still here, and if I decide to bail on it for one reason or another, I will ensure it goes to some one who follows in my footsteps as far as my plans. I still have the name and addresses of all the ppl who made that whole deal possible, and they will get dibs on it for not much more than they invested.
I am glad I found this place, and learned more from these pages than anyone would have ever guessed. I hope I have been able to pass on my info. (some one needs to read all 23,xxx of my posts and memorize it all) Maybe I'll write a book one day.
I will not make it to the board meet, and don't see any other board function either.
To all who I have met in person, (about 23 or so members here) it was great meeting you, and I had a good time in all the meets and guests who dropped by.
If you are waiting on glove box lights, I will send out as the checks/money orders/cash comes in...I am waiting on 3 more 'orders' and they are sitting my by recliner in the living room. You won't get screwed, and if you do, NeonLarry has my home number and addy, talk to him and form a linch mob if I screw anyone out of there 5 bucks.
Ohio board meet hotel is NOT going to be open. I had offered to a few members a place to crash for the night, (RaceDvl, 68stepside and longhorn69jeff) but I am sorry, I won't be able to acomidate you guys. Nothing personal guys.

It was this, or my marrige. I know I am making the right choice.

Just don't remember me as fast68 is remembered...that'd be messed up.
Fine69, I know I still have the cab at your place, I will either be sending you some patch panels as planned, or I will come and haul that sucker out of your shop some time hopefully soon. If it comes down to needing the space and you can't get ahold of me, do what ever you see fitting. if it comes to that, take the 402 big block as payment for storage. Either way, I have your phone number, and I think you still have mine.

Tail lights and tire smoke...I'm outa here.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote