The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2019, 11:35 PM   #1
Oldfashioned

Need some help on order to do things

Just recently acquired a Arizona 72 Blazer roller in decent shape that I tore down to see what was needed. Floors, torsion boxes, windshield frame and inner rocker panels are all in great condition. I will be replacing outer rockers, doors, bedsides, radiator support, front clip and tailgate. My dilemma is I need to replace the body bushings with energy suspension. I have it torn down to where it’s just a frame with the body on it. The top is still on it. The doors are trash. Should I bolt the old doors on to replace the body bushings or bolt all new sheet metal on and then replace body bushings? Doors didn’t open or close too bad before and I have read to shim body mounts for gaps. I know aftermarket won’t fit like original so will shimming until new sheet metal is on be futile? My plan was I was just going to leave factory shims where they were until new sheet metal. Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance
Oldfashioned is offline   Reply With Quote