The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2019, 01:54 PM   #26
NeoJuice

Re: What's going wrong inside my 350?

A little update on the engine. After getting the thermostat swapped to the 180 and the coolant back in, me and my brother pushed the truck out of the garage onto the angled driveway. (might help with getting the air out)

With a pump of the pedal and the turn of the key the truck fired right up.

For burping of the cooling system I purchased one of the spill free funnels from princess auto which I thought would make the job a little easier and less messy then the previous adventure.

We let the truck idle for about 30 minutes and I'm pretty sure that now there is no air left in the system. The electric fan was kicking on/off and the truck temp sitting in the driveway was around 185 instead of 210 and over.

After the system was bled I put on the new rad cap and let it idle a little longer before pulling it into the garage. I checked it through out the evening and I had no hissing coming from the rad cap. I'm not sure if I let it idle long enough with the new cap on but I would have expected some fluid in the overflow tank. It's still empty for now.

Once I have a chance I will upload another video of it idling. Even thought it has a single exhaust on the truck it sounds dam mean. For what ever reason at this moment I cant remember if I put a 2.5" or 3" exhaust on it with a dynamax supertubro muffler on it.

I might have to get my mechanic buddy to come over for another tune because I think it might be running a little rich.

When standing around the truck for a while makes you stink like exhaust. But I think that is just the way the old cars/trucks were because you don't have a catalytic converter. Maybe someone can chime in on this?
Attached Images

NeoJuice is offline   Reply With Quote