The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2019, 04:55 PM   #1
Klassen kustoms

Build thread for 80 stepside

Starting a build thread and I’ll love input and suggestions!

Picked this 1980 gmc step side over the summer for DIRT cheap. 305/th350 with some performance goodies, stock suspension, junk brakes, and rotted floor pans and rockers

Gonna be starting the build here with my girlfriend for the winter as she wants to start building vehicles with me

The PLAN is a simple 5/7 drop, disc brakes, all new lines, fix all the wiring, fix all the rot, and get it running good

First thing to decide on is the engine! Has that 305 in it but I kinda want to put that in a s10 jimmy I’m buying so I’m looking at either a hopped up 350 with 400 or nice 5.3 with around 450 horse ... keeping auto of course ( the plan is a nice street/strip truck in the end

I’ll be posting progress as we do it slowly! Any input on the swap ideas would be awesome as I’m fairly certain on a 5.3 but I love to hear different ideas and pros and cons
Attached Images

Klassen kustoms is offline   Reply With Quote