The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2020, 02:01 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

VW Bugs

Im not talking about the newest generation of bugs, Im talking about the eleventy billion bugs that came before them. What the heck happened to them?
They made a serious amount of bugs and I almost never see them anymore.

On my way home to lunch there was a beater bug in front of me. Had that very familiar bug sound, and she was having difficulty with her clutch.

Its weird that they were everywhere everyday forever (seems like anyway), and now seldom seen. I know there are a lot of cars you just dont see anymore that used to be around all the time. But Im pretty sure that bugs outnumbered a lot of them put together.

I had a 66 that I built my first engine ever. Did it on some cardboard in the living room. Had another 66 and a 57. Nothing ever came of the 57, typical me lol. I also had a pretty cool 60's dune buggy, again I never did anything with it and the original owner from whom I purchased it called me and asked if he could buy it back. No problem, off to its new old home.