The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2020, 09:35 PM   #1
Clatterville trolley

350 crate engine questions

My build is progressing somewhat and I am looking ahead to my power plant.

I have a 350 crate motor with 4 bolt mains - not sure of year produced - that I planned to use when I get to that point.

The previous owner of the engine drove the truck it came out of into his shop and around some before pulling it in favor of an LS swap.

I need to state up front that all I am interested in is a dependable, serviceable engine. No street monster with loping cam. I plan an Edlebrock aluminum intake and headers as only changes from stock at this point.

I am capable and confident of my skills at rebuilding this engine, but wonder if I would be better served as well as coming out ahead dollar wise purchasing another crate engine new and selling the one I have?

It would seem to save time over the term of my build and not knowing for sure what lurks in the internals of the current engine and worrying about cost of machine work to get it in stable condition I'm thinking I might be money ahead??

Comments - advise - criticisms??

Thanks! Jay