The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2022, 03:34 PM   #1
Beach-Burban

Headliner Progress

After getting news about an upcoming show, I got renewed motivation to make progress with my headliner project. Although not 100% completed yet, I was able to reassemble the interior enough to feel good about entering the show (In-Progress Category, of course). I had carefully removed the original headliner and bows a few years ago, but still needed to scrub the interior metal with isopropyl alcohol so that the butyl would adhere well. This meant removing the center and rear benches to concentrate on the back four sections, and left the front bench in for driving purposes. I know a local vendor that sells the Butyl/Aluminum sound deadening sheets as well as Butyl/Felt type mats for heat insulation, so I picked up what I needed from him. With everything clean and dry, I used contact cement to fix a small spot of the factory sound deadener that had never been adhered (see second picture). I then started applying the Butyl/Aluminum sheets to the section of roof above the rear A/C (with the unit removed, obviously) and continued rolling down those sheets until the back four sections were complete.

Name:  VINTAGE IRON CAR SHOW 2022 FLYER.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  123.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1617.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  31.2 KB

Name:  IMG_E3011.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  81.9 KB

Name:  IMG_E3010.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  28.3 KB