The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2022, 03:48 PM   #1
TheKorndog

72 K5 EFI upgrade & evap canister woes

Hi all, been while since I have been on here. I have been searching on how to best tackle my EEC situation; it goes like this:

Ran new 3/8" send and return fuel lines to feed my GoEFI 4 600 system sitting on my 383. Looking at all the cool little nipples on the tank-which I retrofitted an in tank pump to feed the beast-Im figuring on how to best tackle these. Plug, or use as intended?

I am going to have this dude in my garage, and would rather not have the fuel smell both in my shop, or while out on joy-rides. I am making the last touches on anything I can on the chassis, ie fuel lines/brake lines/exhaust/205 seals/wiring harness/etc. I'd like to get the body at least set before snow flies; I have the original evap cannister lines, and trying to decide if it is worth the effort to put these bad-boys back in and run EEC.

What I am asking from all of your amazing minds is...
a. is the eec system worth it for a resto-mod weekend warrior?
b. if you converted your system to efi (and using the factory'ish tank), are you using eec, and how (as in modifications to simplify)?
c. If you are using eec, is there an improved system I can update in its place?

72 K5 4wd
383 small block w/goefi 4
4L60e w/goshift transmission control

Appreciate any input...if I can clarify anything, let me know.
K

Had this in the wrong section...oops
Stroked L31 & serpentine belt system (97 C1500 donor); K case 4L60e; Fitech GoEFI 4; In Tank retrofitted fuel pump tnk-pa-6; Fitech GoShift controller; 12 bolt Yukon gear posi 3.73 rear diff; NP205; Redhead steering gear; JB Custom Fab NP205 twin sticks
TheKorndog is offline   Reply With Quote