The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-17-2017, 09:02 AM   #1
Mator

Re: How about some pics of Static Dropped C-10's

That's what I ordered but I never checked them. Just installed them. Are you sure you have 5 inch springs? LOL. My springs are 9 inch's compressed and installed roughly with the bed on. I measured that last night. Not easy to pull that but close enough for comparison.
Mator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:21 AM   #2
66clow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mator View Post
That's what I ordered but I never checked them. Just installed them. Are you sure you have 5 inch springs? LOL. My springs are 9 inch's compressed and installed roughly with the bed on. I measured that last night. Not easy to pull that but close enough for comparison.
Lol, I'm pretty sure they are. I bought a 3 5 drop kit. One of us got the wrong spring lol. I will measure my springs installed when I get home. I would hope they are considering how close the axle is to the frame. I always thought I needed a c notch with a 7 inch drop. A friend of mine has smaller wheels with a 7 drop and he has about a half in clearance. But he is driving it like that lol.
66clow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #3
66clow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mator View Post
I just checked my springs and they measure 7 inches compressed. You may have 3 inch springs if your at 9. Don't think my bed would weight that much more.

66clow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:58 AM   #4
Mator

Well crap, you cant trust anyone. This is my first C10 I have ever lowered or built so I didn't even question what they sent me. Being it was almost 3 years ago I am not even sure who I bought them from anymore. I will double check my spring measurement again.
I am hoping to install mid length headers and then look at lowering more and will have to address it then. For now it sits the way its is . I like the stance now and I cant do much about complaining, I guess I should checked what was shipped better. Lesson learned the hard way.
Mator is offline   Reply With Quote