The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-09-2007, 04:51 AM   #1
karl

air bags?

i have a 75 half 2 wheel drv. chev pu and need air bags for the front. i think i will use the slam specialties. i want the front wheels to hop off the ground a few inches. will i need duel port bags and 2 valves per bag or?? i will use an oxy bottle at first. whats the best setup? .
karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:46 AM   #2
CHAPS7931

Re: air bags?

try running 2 valve for each bag, one to go up and go down, single is fine but if you would like dual it possible. if you want to hop choose bags depending on desired psi that you will be running at, i just started to use these on the back of my truck and they do have a beter ride but in my case i wont change my contitechs 4 ply for the front hop . valves are also important when you want to do what you have in mind. 2 air tanks is always beter and the best air to get beter hop is helium. more $$$ but way faster. nitrogen is another choice but cheaper and slower.
CHAPS7931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 10:31 AM   #3
BACKYARD88
On the fast track to nowhere..

Re: air bags?

On my 88 I used parker valves, 1/2" npt with 5/8" port for fill and 1/2"npt 1/2" port for dump. Single 1/2" port firestone bags and 1/2" lines. I could hop the front 2 or 3 inches with 400psi of nitrogen and the shocks on. I'm setting my current truck up to ride low instead of hop, I found that after a couple weeks the hopping got old.

Norwood, Houston, Cecilia, Jackson, Monroe and counting
BACKYARD88 is offline   Reply With Quote