The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
Flint70step

Pics of my new Burb 2 Its Home!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint70step View Post
I have made a deal with the owner and will soon be taking her home.I need to find a good engine and trans for it,but that should not be a big deal.Hope yall enjoy Oh ya.....Im getting it for $600!

It has Arizona radio station stickers in the cab so I think it may have came from there.The interior is very nice and original.The core support has no rot and the only place i saw rust all the way thru was just behind each rear wheel.This is going to make a nice work truck for me,and the boy will love it too
After work today i went to go get my Burb.I had to pay a little more than the $600 I said i was getting it for,but I think it is well worth what I paid for it.The interior is so dang nice and original I had to pinch myself a few times today.Here are some pics that I took tonight.I will some more when the sun comes out tomorrow.

In one of the pics i rubbed my hand on the rear quarter and the oxidized paint seemed to come off pretty easy.I'm gonna sweep her out and hit everything with some soap n hot water. I'll post more pics in the morning.Tell me what yall think. Be good

Last edited by Flint70step; 04-30-2011 at 12:28 AM.
Flint70step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Bigdav160

Re: Pics of my new Burb 2 Its Home!!!!

Nice Score!

I've been looking for another Suburban. I just can't find any deals. So last week I bought a '66 Dodge Town Wagon. I'm going with a Cummins/NV5600 drivetrain.
'73 Z-28 Camaro
'63 Ford SWB Uni Pickup
'50 Ford Coupe
Bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #3
Bigblueburban

nice blue! that looks almost identical to mine except yours has the entire interior it looks like . nice find!
Bigblueburban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
Flint70step

Thanks yall,Here are a few pics of it after i did a good cleaning and scrubbed the oxidized paint off

I took the battery out of my truck and started the van today and it sounded great.Then I began the tear down process to get it ready for transplant.I will post some pics tomorrow.My goal is to have the Burb on the road and ready for the Memorial Day weekend.My family has been camping out with a bunch of friends for over 30 yrs and I would love to take my son camping in the burb.Not this coming weekend ,but the next weekend I am thinking of having a Bar B Que at my house for the Austin and surrounding areas/Texas members.A kind of meet n greet/family get together.I will be smoking a big brisket along with some other things.There will be cold beer and other refreshments,and if you dont mind picking up a wrench and helping with the burb project that would be great too.I will make an official post tomorrow about the BBQ and the build.Hope to see a lot of members.I live right on the water at Lake Travis so bring your swimming attire
Flint70step is offline   Reply With Quote