The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
leftybass209

1969 swb: Project Anjali

I figured I would finally start a build thread for my truck. I purchased it in El Paso, TX. I was stationed there while in the Army. During it's time there, I'd got the front end rebuilt, with drop spindles and did a disc brake upgrade while i was at it. I re did most of the gauges, taking them apart and cleaning them, and just some very small general maintenance items. Now I'm out of the military and will be going to school full time. I am going to try and get it running by the 1st of the year, 15th of January at the latest, as that is when school starts. Here are some pics of the truck as it sits right now, and i'll give a rundown of everything going on with the pictures taken. Pictures are coming soon!
leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
leftybass209

Re: 1969 swb: Project Anjali

I figured I would start by posting some pictures of the reason why I will be swapping cabs on this truck asap!

Here's some common rust in a typical place.

...and more on the other side, including the door, and below the lower hinge which worried me a bit.

This is probably the worst and would be the most difficult and time consuming to repair. It's rust on the firewall, and you can start to see the rust on the outer edge of the heater box, and inside the pasage for the heater.

The rocker panels, inner and outer, along with the floorboard, is rusted through. Much easier to just replace the cab than fight with all this rust!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:24 AM   #3
leftybass209

Here is the motor sitting on the stand, waiting to be cleaned up and painted with some Plasti-Kote Chevy orange paint. It's just a 260hp GM crate motor. Since it came with the truck, and the short block was in good condition, I just had the heads rebuilt and i'm going to run the pants off this motor. You can also see the pile of parts against the wall.

Here are the freshly milled exhaust manifolds, water pump and timing chain cover in chevy orange, and Edelbrock performer EPS manifold in chevy orange.

Here are the freshly rebuild cylinder heads. They are a weak 194/150 casting i believe, but i had them milled down .020 to raise the compression a little. The chambers were 76 cc i believe and they should now be around 73 cc with the head gaskets i'm going to use. Should give me a whopping 8.4:1 compression! Good for the cruising i intend to do though, I'm definately not going to be racing this thing.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #4
fastcam1
Young gun

Cool can't wait to see updates
Posted via Mobile Device

Northwest C10's
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/Norhtwestc10s/
Cameron sparks
fastcam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:57 AM   #5
bk2life
Account Suspended

lots of work to be done in 45 days...
bk2life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:04 AM   #6
leftybass209

Talking Re: 1969 swb: Project Anjali

Lol yes it certainly is! I'm not going to have it finished, just running. Already have most all parts to put it back together. If I don't have it its getting ordered in the next week. Thanks to the Army I have an extended vacation to start work on it. I think 45 days of sitting around on vacation could prove to be pretty fun! Now that I think about it, its a lot of money in beer
Posted via Mobile Device